A delicious simple Summer salad
With courgettes and tomatoes in season now this is a great recipe, really simple to make and a fantastic side dish to accompany any barbecue.
Extra virgin olive oil
A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
50g Feta cheese crumbled
A handful of watercress
Fresh mint to garnish
Salt & pepper
- Slice the courgettes lengthways into 0.5cm strips
- Season with salt and pepper before brushing with oil on both sides
- Grill on a hot griddle pan or on the barbecue until lightly charred on each side
- Scatter the strips on a large plate then add the crumbled feta, tomatoes, watercress and a little more seasoning if you feel it needs it.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lemon and garnish with torn mint leaves