A warming Autumnal soup
This is a great recipe from Riverford which is quick to make and with its warm bold flavours is perfect for Autumn. Add a swirl of yoghurt or cream to serve and mop up with some crusty bread.
1 tbsp oil for frying, e.g. vegetable or sunflower
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1kg pumpkin, peeled & diced
2 medium to large potatoes, peeled & diced
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp nutmeg, grated
1 litre veg stock
- Add a tablespoon of oil to a large pan, add the onion and gently fry for about 8-10 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic, pumpkin and potato, cumin, coriander and nutmeg. Cook for a couple more minutes, stirring to combine.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, until the veg is soft.
- Blitz with a handheld blender or in a food processor until smooth.
- Serve with a swirl of cream or yoghurt.